Cite This Page
Rose Maxson Timeline and Summary
- Cooks up some chicken and hangs out with Troy and Bono in the yard.
- Tells Troy that Cory has been recruited by a college football team.
- Argues with her husband about letting Cory play.
- Tries to get Troy to see that things have changed.
- Tells everybody that Troy is exaggerating about his Death and Devil stories.
- Gives Lyons ten dollars out of Troy's money.
- Hangs up some laundry.
- Tells Troy to stop complaining about everything.
- Tries to feed Gabriel some biscuits, but he wonders off.
- Tries to make Troy feel better about having paid for the house out of Gabe's disability money.
- Tells Cory to do his chores before Troy gets home.
- Demands that Troy let Cory play college football.
- Tries to get Cory to clean his room before he goes to football practice.
- Is happy for Troy when he gets his promotion.
- Begs Troy to let Cory play football.
- Goes off on Troy when she learns that he's having an illegitimate child.
- Is hurt by Troy when he angrily grabs her arm.
- Confronts Troy about sending Gabriel to the mental hospital.
- Agrees to raise Raynell but says she's no longer Troy's woman.
- Lectures Cory about not wanting to go to Troy's funeral.