by Laurie Halse Anderson
Fever, 1793 Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What historical events define your generation? What about your parents' generation?
- Have you ever experienced a crisis or a loss? How did you respond to it?
- What is the significance of the Cooks' garden? What is it a symbol of?
- What does family mean to you?
- Who are the people who make up your family? Are they all related to you by blood?
- What does Grandfather's sword over the mantle symbolize?
- What are some modern day epidemics that you could compare to the yellow fever outbreak of 1793?
- Why is the color yellow important for this novel? How is it related to both negative things (the fever) and positive ones (such as Blanchard's yellow balloon)?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...