by Laurie Halse Anderson
Fever, 1793 Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What historical events define your generation? What about your parents' generation?
- Have you ever experienced a crisis or a loss? How did you respond to it?
- What is the significance of the Cooks' garden? What is it a symbol of?
- What does family mean to you?
- Who are the people who make up your family? Are they all related to you by blood?
- What does Grandfather's sword over the mantle symbolize?
- What are some modern day epidemics that you could compare to the yellow fever outbreak of 1793?
- Why is the color yellow important for this novel? How is it related to both negative things (the fever) and positive ones (such as Blanchard's yellow balloon)?