Fight Club Chapter 11 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Tyler has founded the Paper Street Soap Company. Apparently, "[P]eople are saying it's the best soap ever." (11.7)
- Want some? Meanwhile, Marla's not happy with these guys because of something they've done to her mother. We're not sure what they did yet, but we do know that Tyler sent her a fifteen-pound box of chocolates. That doesn't sound like a terrible thing to do.
- Our narrator recalls a conversation he had with Marla. She doesn't want cheap cow fat collagen injections.
- It doesn't last. "The best kind of collagen, Marla said, is your own fat" (11.53).
- Marla's skinny, so her mother sends Marla her fat after lipo. And that's how our narrator and Tyler made—wait for it—their amazing soap. Yep. With Marla's mother's fat.
- Not only that, but when Marla found out about it, she accidentally broke a bag open.
- She chased our narrator around the kitchen, slipping and sliding in her own mother's liposuctioned fat.
- Sounds like a Benny Hill skit gone bad.
- Needless to say, they are not on speaking terms for the moment.