Fight Club Chapter 20 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Our narrator is fully involved in Project Mayhem now, and he has homework of his own: "We each had to bring Tyler twelve driver's licenses. This would prove we each made twelve human sacrifices" (20.4).
- Things are getting intense.
- He confronts Raymond K. Hessel at the all-night Korner Mart.
- Raymond might have potential. He has an expired community-college ID in his wallet and says, at gunpoint, that he wanted to be veterinarian.
- Our narrator promises not to kill Raymond K. Hessel if he stops wasting his life, gets out of the Korner Mart, and makes something of himself.
- He releases him and says, "Raymond K. Hessel, […] tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of your life" (20.59).
- Don't worry, we have no idea what's going on either.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...