by Chuck Palahniuk
Fight Club Chapter 27 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Our narrator wakes up in the blown-up shell of his former apartment.
- Here's some good news: he sticks his hand down his pants and discovers that he won't have to go to the no-testicle support group for real.
- He calls Marla and asks her to meet him where they first met.
- They meet at that romantic hotspot: the basement of the Methodist church, the site of the bowel cancer support group.
- Marla's not happy. She slaps him. She realizes all the bad stuff he's been a part of: vandalism, terrorism, murder.
- This is all going on in the middle of the cancer support group, but they don't seem to mind. They kind of want him to stay.
- Our narrator can't stay, though. He has to go take care of Tyler, his alternate personality.
- Before he leaves, he tells Marla, "I think I like you" (27.90). Not quite what Partridge Family songs are made of, but it's really sweet in context.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...