Fight Club Chapter 30 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- "When I pulled the trigger, I died. Liar. And Tyler died" (30.2-30.4).
- Oh, except our narrator didn't die. He thinks he's in heaven, but it look suspiciously like a hospital to us.
- We have to wonder if he's lying about Tyler dying, too...
- He thinks he's talking to God, who strangely resembles a psychiatrist.
- He dreams of calling Marla. This time, when Marla picks up the phone, he'll be there. The line won't be dead.
- If this is heaven, it has some of the weirdest angels. Nurses and janitors have black eyes and broken noses.
- They say, "Everything's going according to the plan" (30.35).
- Hmmm. It doesn't look like Tyler is dead after all.
- Project Mayhem lives on.
Next Page: Themes
Previous Page: Chapter 29