by Chuck Palahniuk
Fight Club Chapter 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- It's time for Brain Parasite support group: Above and Beyond!
- A woman tells our narrator that Chloe, one of the women from the support group, recently died. Our narrator spends a few pages imagining what it must have been like when Chloe died.
- He wants to dwell in "the amazing miracle of death" (4.12), but he's having trouble enjoying it with Marla there.
- He confronts her during therapeutic physical contact time, telling her she doesn't belong at these support groups."You're not dying either," (4.60) she tells him. Fair point.
- They decide to compromise, splitting up the different support groups until they each have an equal number of cancers and parasites.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...