by Chuck Palahniuk
Fight Club Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- The fight must have been pretty rough, because our narrator has a black eye, a swollen face, a few loose teeth, and a mouthful of blood.
- Yum. He sits in a dark corner while his boss gives a software presentation to Microsoft.
- While this is going on, our narrator tells us the rules of fight club. Here they are in a handy reference.
- There's also a lot of talk about what it really means to be a man. You can head over to our "Themes" section if you're curious. Finally, he tells us about a few fights he's been in—the first one with Tyler, and one with a stranger during fight club.
- The Microsoft demo ends, and our narrator wonders what Walter, the guy from Microsoft, must be thinking. "Maybe Walter's thinking about a meatless, pain-free potluck he went to last weekend or the ozone or the Earth's desperate need to stop cruel product testing on animals, but probably he's not" (6.83). Yeah, probably he's not.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...