Many of Us Use Them
• Americans across all walks of life and most levels of income use credit cards
o Joseph, the welder in Wisconsin
o Everett, the evangelist in the Mississippi
o Caroline, the socialite on Park Avenue
o Jax, the homeless dude on the corner does not
• Almost ¾ of American adults have credit cards, but only about half of them (54%) pay their balance in full each month.
• Older people are more likely to have credit cards, so are rich people.
• On average, people get a credit card when they’re around 20-21 years old.
• Teens are using them; nowadays, one out of three high schoolers has a credit card (in their parents’ name because legally kids under 18 can’t have one).