Maria decided to get a Capital One® Cash Rewards card because she could earn unlimited cash back in the form of Reward Dollars (3% cash back at supermarkets, 2% cash back at gas stations and departments stores and 1% cash back everywhere else).
• 0% intro APR on purchases until May 2013
• 19.8% APR, not a too, too bad a rate considering she doesn’t have much credit history. She plans to get a card with a lower rate after a year. Chances are good that Capital One would match a new, lower rate if she keeps a good payment record and tells them she’s going to switch if they don’t.
• At least 1% cash back on all purchases and she doesn’t have to sign up for all the individual reward programs
• 50% bonus on the cash back that she earns every year
• Unlimited cash back that doesn't expire
• Redeem cash back anytime for any amount, she can even set up automatic redemptions
• And she gets to personalize her card with a picture of her pug, Mugsy.