For Whom the Bell Tolls
Cite This Page
For Whom the Bell Tolls Chapter 35 Summary Page 1
- Robert Jordan is lying in his robe with Maria, who's still asleep. Boy is he mad at himself for letting Pablo get away with that.
- He curses everything and everyone he can think of in one big mess of profanity.
- His rage dies down. He's not being fair to anyone (except maybe Pablo), and he hates being unjust. He realizes if Maria had awakened earlier he would have struck her. Robert Jordan doesn't like that.
- Furthermore, he thinks, being angry is self-indulgent. He can't afford to lose control if they're going to blow up the bridge.
- Robert Jordan is now convinced they'll all die, but that bridge has to be blown, and somehow they've got to be able to do it, right?