by Isaac Asimov
Foundation Part V, Chapter 12 Summary
- Mallow tours the nuclear reactors for fifteen minutes and sees everything he needs to.
- He asks the tech-man if only he works on the reactors, and the tech-man, proud of his station, says he does.
- When asked what he'd do if they breakdown, the tech-man leans a wee-bit too hard on the defensive lever. The nuclear reactors can't, won't, and will never breakdown.
- Hmm, wonder if that means he has no idea what he'll do should the scenario arise?
- Mallow leaves, and two days later, the tech-man's personal force-shield stops working. He never does figure out how to fix it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...