Fox in Socks
by Dr. Seuss
Fox in Socks Stanzas 1-10 Summary
- We have a fox, some socks, a box, and Knox—a dog, we're guessing. With that, let the games begin!
- Fox wears the socks, and Knox hops in the box. Then Knox jumps onto Fox, who's in the socks as well as the box. The seeming rules of the game: Rule 1, all situations must rhyme; Rule 2, there are no rules, except for Rule 1, of course.
- Remix! Knox puts socks on his feet and the box on his head. Fox balances on the box on Knox while also wearing socks.
- "Chicks with bricks and / blocks and clocks" arrive bearing—you guessed it—bricks and blocks and clocks.
- Fox decides it would be great fun to do tricks with those chicks and their stuff. So, he makes a rather precarious stack of bricks and blocks for himself. Knox gets a stack of chicks and a stack of clocks to rest his box on.
- Fox goes all out, putting the chicks in socks and stacking them on himself, clocks, bricks, blocks, Knox, and the box. Cirque du Soleil, eat your heart out.