Fox in Socks
by Dr. Seuss
Fox in Socks Stanzas 22-33 Summary
- Sue continues showing off as she sews the socks on Fox. Slow Joe Crow one-ups her by sewing Knox in his ever sturdy box.
- Sue sews a rose on Slow Joe Crow as Fox sews a hose on Crow's nose. Knox's brain tries to take it all in…
- …but it's too much for him. The game makes his tongue lame; he isn't enjoying himself. Such a shame, says one Fox in Socks.
- Fox isn't one to give up, though. He brings Knox to a puddle of gooey-gooey blue goo. Judging by the look on his face, Knox is wondering just how sanitary this gooey goo is.
- Fox introduces Knox to the Goo-Goose who chews the gooey goo. We're guessing it's blue raspberry flavored.
- Knox protests that he can't do it, won't chew it. Whether he's talking about the rhyme or the goo is up to you. Fox is already preparing his next bit of tongue torture—ahem, family-friendly word play.
- Bim and Ben—the distant feline cousins of Thing 1 & Thing 2—come bearing each other's brooms. Ben breaks Bim's broom; Bim breaks Ben's broom.