Robert Walton Timeline and Summary
- Walton is captain of a ship headed for the North Pole.
- He writes his sister a number of letters telling about his travels.
- At first, he thinks the voyage will be successful.
- Soon the ship gets stuck in impassable ice.
- Walton longs for a friend.
- Victor appears and they bring him on board and care for him.
- Walton listens to Victor’s stories about his life.
- The men on the ship ask to turn around. Victor puts them off for two days, but when they come back, he agrees they should return to England.
- Victor dies.
- Walton sees the monster and talks with him.
- He turns the ship around and heads back to England.