The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks Chapters 19-20 Summary
The Suicide Club
- Frankie's Cities, Art, and Protest teacher hands out info about a group in San Francisco called the Suicide Club.
- The group tried to live their lives with glee, and later changed their name to the Cacophony Society. The whole idea was to free oneself of the panopticon.
- Frankie wrote a paper about the Suicide Club that she turned in on December 5 of her sophomore year.
- She later burned the paper.
- Frankie goes to meet Porter for lunch but shows up late on purpose.
- When she arrives, Porter is already waiting there with two orders of cheese fries.
- He brings up the fact that she's going out with Matthew Livingston and tells her not to let him take advantage of her.
- Of course, this sets Frankie off and she goes on a verbal rampage, telling Porter to stay out of her business and that she's not the kind of person who's easy to take advantage of, thank you very much.
- When he leaves, upset, Frankie sits there and drinks Porter's soda by herself. She knows that she behaved like a monster, but at least she stood up for herself.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search