The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
by E. Lockhart
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks Chapters 37-38 Summary
An Ignominious Fall
- In the month of November, the Basset Hounds get into all sorts of shenanigans, as directed by Alpha (supposedly).
- Frankie, posing as Alpha, sends them on missions to draw lots of basset hounds on the chalkboards, and set up a bunch of stuffed animals on campus. They even distribute a ton of dog masks and at the Harvest Concert, everyone shows up wearing them.
- Alpha emails the fake Alpha telling him or her to cut it out.
The Canned Beet Rebellion
- Frankie finds out that the cafeteria selection is limited because Viva Corporation, a big donor, provides everything. That's why there's no salad.
- So what does Frankie do? She goes and invents a "Society for Vegetable Awareness, Promotion, and Information Delegation" and has all the order members get stickers, buttons, and flyers for the day that the Viva Corporation lady comes to visit.
- They call it the Canned Beet Rebellion and demand a nice salad bar at the school.
- A lot of the students end up wearing the buttons and stickers. A caterer also appears on campus with a giant veggie basset hound.
- Finally, the he Viva Corporation lady sends a donation to the school for a salad bar, so Frankie actually did make some real change happen.
- In fact, she's so please with herself and her accomplishment that she doesn't even follow Matthew to his next Basset Hound meeting. After all, she knows what they're up to.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...