The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Cite This Page
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- What is the panopticon? And in what way does Frankie challenge the notion of the panopticon?
- How do the boys resemble the Basset hounds that they're named after? Are they alpha dogs or are they followers?
- Do you think Frankie should have toned down her feminist streak a little in order to keep Matthew in her life? Was it worth it to lose him? Why or why not?
- What influence does Zada have on the way that Frankie thinks? In what way does Frankie reach her own independent conclusions?
- Why was Frankie's first prank called "In the Ladies We Trust"?
- How does teenage romance play into the whole story? Is it important for Frankie to have a boyfriend? Why or why not?
- Now that Frankie's infiltrated the Loyal Order of the Basset Hounds, do you think they'll allow girls to join in the future? Why or why not?
- In what ways does Frankie challenge Matthew's notions of what his girlfriend is supposed to be like? And in what ways does Matthew challenge Frankie's notions of what a boyfriend should be like?
- Why is it important that Frankie suddenly got pretty over the summer? Would she have been able to carry out her pranks if that wasn't the case?
- How does Frankie challenge the notions of the old money brotherhood as well as the patriarchy?