Freak the Mighty
When authors refer to other great works, people, and events, it’s usually not accidental. Put on your super-sleuth hat and figure out why.
- The New Testaments (the nickname of the run down tenements)
- The Nativity Story (16.32)
- King Arthur (Freak references the legendary knight quite a bit)
- Lady Guinevere (Freak gives his mom the nickname The Fair Gwen)
- Excalibur (4.12)
- Lancelot (9.8, 16.23)
- The Holy Grail (12.48)
- Sir Gawain (16.23)
Pop Culture References
- Darth Vader (Freak dresses up as the evil Jedi when Max and he go on a quest)
- Star Trek (4.24, 23.20)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger (8.25)
- The Waltons (21.13)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...