Freak the Mighty Chapter 14 Summary
Cross My Heart and Hope to Die
- Max stays home the next day from school to wait for Freak to get home from the hospital. These guys are definitely besties.
- Freak tells him everything will be okay once he gets his robotic upgrades.
- At this point, it seems like everything is going to be fine, so obviously something really bad is about to happen.
- And it does. At Christmas time.
- Max is in the down under trying unsuccessfully to wrap some Christmas presents when he hears Grim and Gram fighting. That's something he never hears.
- It turns out they're fighting because Grim wants to get a gun. Max's dad—good ol' Killer Kane—has been released on parole.
- Luckily, Grim took out a restraining order. But do you really think that's going to stop someone whose nickname is Killer Kane? Yeah, we don't either.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...