Freak the Mighty
Cite This Page
Freak the Mighty Chapter 16 Summary Page 1
A Chip Off the Old Block
- We're sure you clever Shmoopers have guessed by now, but the strong hand belongs to Max's dad, Killer Kane.
- He tells Max he's here to take him away from the old geezers who stuck Max in the basement. That everything is going to change now.
- While Killer Kane is explaining that he never killed anyone and it's all just a big lie, Max starts getting dressed.
- The weird thing is that Max isn't surprised. He always knew this would happen eventually.
- Together, they sneak out of the house and Killer Kane takes them to Iggy and Loretta's.
- On the way, he keeps saying that it's a crime that they've been deprived of so many years together, and how horrible all these people are.
- Max is just thinking of knights and quests and how no one can beat Killer Kane—not even Lancelot himself.
- At Iggy's, it's clear that Iggy is really nervous and Loretta is a little drunk. They're both scared of Max's dad, who despite his claims of innocence, is acting like a big jerk.