Freak the Mighty
Freak the Mighty Chapter 18 Summary
Never Trust a Cripple
- Max waits all night for something to happen, and finally, in the early morning, he hears a noise. And…
- … it just turns out to be Loretta with a pizza box.
- Kane wants to talk to Iggy, but he's still sleeping, so he unties Max and they have some breakfast. He tells Max he's got a plan for how they can live like kings.
- This "plan" turns out to be conning religious people out of their money. Kane says it's not stealing if they give it willingly.
- He also adds that no one will miss Max because his grandparents don't care about him. Um, not cool.
- Just then, they see police lights flashing outside. Talk about timing.
- Kane shoves Max to the floor and they wait for the lights to pass.
- Iggy comes in and tells them the cops were looking for Max.
- Kane turns on Iggy and says he must have ratted them out, but it turns out it was Freak who sent the cops there.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search