Freak the Mighty
Freak the Mighty Chapter 18 Summary
Never Trust a Cripple
- Max waits all night for something to happen, and finally, in the early morning, he hears a noise. And…
- … it just turns out to be Loretta with a pizza box.
- Kane wants to talk to Iggy, but he's still sleeping, so he unties Max and they have some breakfast. He tells Max he's got a plan for how they can live like kings.
- This "plan" turns out to be conning religious people out of their money. Kane says it's not stealing if they give it willingly.
- He also adds that no one will miss Max because his grandparents don't care about him. Um, not cool.
- Just then, they see police lights flashing outside. Talk about timing.
- Kane shoves Max to the floor and they wait for the lights to pass.
- Iggy comes in and tells them the cops were looking for Max.
- Kane turns on Iggy and says he must have ratted them out, but it turns out it was Freak who sent the cops there.