Freak the Mighty
Freak the Mighty Chapter 4 Summary
What Frightened the Fair Gwen
- In the down under, Freak explains that he calls his mom "The Fair Gwen" because of the tale of King Arthur.
- As he tells Max the story, Max realizes that Freak is really smart. Actually, he's more than just really smart. He's a genius.
- Freak talks about knights and quests and explains that knights were the first robots. And when Max says he didn't think robots were real, Freak goes on a rant about robotics and the science of engineering.
- Freak also tells Max how important it is to read. Max doesn't want to have to tell Freak that he's an LD (learning disabled), so he just keeps his mouth shut.
- All the conversation is interrupted by the sound of The Fair Gwen calling for Freak. Oh, except she calls him Kevin, obvs. Only Max seems to refer to him as Freak.
- When they come out of the door to the down under, Gwen sees Max first and seems terrified. She grabs Freak and the wagon and practically runs home.