Freak the Mighty
Freak the Mighty Chapter 8 Summary
- Max is worried he's going to get in trouble for running into the pond, but everyone thinks that he saved Freak; so instead, he's treated like a hero.
- When he gets home and the police explain what happened, Gram gives Max a big bowl of ice cream. And Grim, who Max hasn't exactly gotten along with in the past, says what the boy needs is a cup of coffee.
- Everything's coming up Max.
- Max doesn't see what the big deal is, but he asks if he can have some sugar. Grim just beams at him and says, "Of course you can, son" (8.7).
- Gram tells Max to stay away from that "hoodlum boy," and Max dutifully replies that he will.
- Summer turns out to not suck, which is new for Max.
- Every day, Freak comes over and bangs on the door to the down under. He's always on the lookout for an adventure or a quest.
- He continues to use words that Max has never heard, so he shows Max how to look them up in the dictionary. Did we mention Freak takes a dictionary with him wherever he goes? He also underlines the words that he's looked up. What can we say? He loves language.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search