Freak the Mighty
Freak the Mighty Chapter 9 Summary
Life is Dangerous
- Max and Freak have gotten into the habit of having Freak ride on Max's shoulders. Freak particularly likes it because he can mess with Max.
- Freak decides it's time for an adventure. Translation: Freak will tell Max where to go, and Max will dutifully go along with it.
- The two boys walk for miles until finally they end up at a medical research building.
- Freak tells Max they do medical experiments in there. In fact, there's an experimental bionics unit that's developing a bionic robot for human modification.
- Max has no clue what this means.
- Freak explains that he's going to be the first bionically improved human being.
- Still no clue.
- Freak tells him he's going to become a human robot.
- Aha. Now Max gets it.
- Freak makes Max swear by blood that he will never tell anyone about this. It's top secret.
- Max asks if it will hurt to become a robot or if it's dangerous. But Freak just tells him, "Life is Dangerous" (9.50).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search