The French & Indian War
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching the French & Indian WarTeacher Pass
Teaching the French & Indian War Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Suppose the war had ended differently—suppose a negotiated had peace had left the Iroquois and the French in possession of vast territories just west of the Appalachians—would America's future have been different?
- Would Americans have pushed for independence within a decade?
- Would the French have supported the Patriots?
- Would the British have been willing to jeopardize relations with its North American colonists by increasing their taxes?
- Would a French presence have been accepted indefinitely?
- What might the French have done to strengthen their grip on these territories?