A Game of Thrones Chapter 12 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- This chapter is all about Daenerys' wedding to Khal Drogo. Drogo's entire army – his khalasar of forty thousand warriors (yeah) – and all their families and slaves are at the wedding. (We don't want to see the bill for this.)
- We also meet Drogo's bloodriders here, his sworn bodyguards.
- Viserys continues to be a whiny, impatient baby (I want my army!), but Daenerys is a little scared since Drogo seems too wild (and since they don't share a language).
- But that doesn't get in the way of enjoying her wedding presents, which include three servants (Irri, Jhiqui, Doreah), a history of the Seven Kingdoms (a gift from Ser Jorah Mormont), three petrified dragon eggs from Illyrio, and a beautiful horse from Drogo.
- Drogo and Daenerys ride off to enjoy their one-night honeymoon. Mini-moons are all the rage these days.
Next Page: Chapter 13
Previous Page: Chapter 11