A Game of Thrones 2
A Game of Thrones 2 Chapter 13 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- On their way south, Robert and Eddard discuss politics and history, which makes this a very important chapter and kind of hard to summarize.
- Once again, just go read it.
- But here are the super important things to know:
- Ser Jorah Mormont is a spy and he reports to Varys, King Robert's spymaster. He's spying to win a royal pardon so he can come home from his exile; and he's in exile because he tried to sell some criminals into slavery, and Eddard caught him. So Eddard and Jorah don't get along.
- Robert wants to assassinate the last two Targaryens, even though they're basically children.
- Robert has given more power to the Lannisters by naming Jaime the Warden of the East; this makes Eddard uncomfortable because the Lannisters always seem hungry for power.