A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones Chapter 24 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Although it was hard at first, Daenerys is adapting to the nomadic lifestyle and finding beauty in her new surroundings. She's getting used to her life as khaleesi (wife of the Khal).
- It helps that she has four Dothraki warriors as bodyguards now: Aggo, Jhogo, Quaro, and Rakharo.
- Meanwhile, Viserys is still being an annoying little jerk. But after he attacks her, Daenerys stands up for herself (there's a first time for everything), and when she sees how weak her brother is, she realizes that he'll never win the Seven Kingdoms back. He would be a terrible king.
- Daenerys also stands up to Drogo, by demanding to be on top during sex. This is a little graphic, but it gives you a sense of the importance of sexual power in this story.
- At the end of the chapter, Daenerys realizes that she's pregnant. (Remember, she's fourteen years old.)
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search