A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones Chapter 28 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Back at King's Landing, the upcoming tournament to honor Eddard Stark (the new Hand of the King) is turning out to be a big pain in the rear for Eddard.
- Mainly, there are a lot of people coming in, which means more crime.
- Stark increases the City Watch, even lending some of his own men to the leader of the City Watch, Janos Slynt.
- From his investigations, Eddard learns that Jon Arryn and Stannis seemed to be spending a lot of time together, visiting brothels and an armorer. (Not really a typical Saturday night for anyone.) He also doesn't know why Jon was interested in The Lineages and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, which is the giant book that he was looking at before he died. (Speaking of giant books, we wonder if it was longer than Game of Thrones.)
- Eddard then goes to visit the armorer, Tobho Mott, to see why Jon and Stannis were interested. There, he finds a young apprentice named Gendry who is clearly Robert's illegitimate son.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...