A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones Chapter 41 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Catelyn discusses the state of the union with Rodrik. It's not good news: the Lannisters and the Tullys seem to be getting ready for war. Her brother Edmure has pulled back some of his guards because Jaime seems to be raising an army. (And if Edmure is in charge, that means daddy Hoster is probably sick. Uh oh.)
- Brynden wants to help his brother (Hoster Tully), so he resigns from Lysa's service because she's totally crazy. Brynden will go with Cat, the sane sister (which is saying something, considering that Cat took Tyrion captive: not the best move so far).
- Then we get the trial by combat between lightly-armored Bronn and heavily-armored Vardis Egen. Bronn wins, so Tyrion must be innocent, right?
- (Cat also remembers when Petyr fought for her hand in marriage. That was a mess.)
- Lysa allows Tyrion and Bronn to leave, but she puts them out on the High Road without an escort, so the mountain clans will probably kill them. All in all, it's a good chapter for justice.