A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones Chapter 65 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Back on the march with the Dothraki, Drogo is getting weaker and weaker. He even falls off his horse (which is a big no-no for anyone, but especially a Dothraki khal).
- Jorah says Drogo is dying and the khalasar will break up, so they need to get out of there. (Or else Daenerys' baby will be killed and she'll be shipped off to join the dosh khaleen in Vaes Dothrak.)
- But Mirri Maz Duur says that she can help Drogo by using blood magic. Sure sounds harmless. Apparently Mirri Maz Duur can heal Drogo but the price for that is death.
- Drogo's bloodriders try to stop this ritual and a big fight breaks out. (All the bloodriders are killed and so is Dany's bodyguard, Quaro.)
- During the fight – as if things couldn't get worse – Dany goes into labor. And since there are no midwives nearby, Jorah brings Dany to Mirri Maz Duur. We don't think that pregnancy and bloodmagic mix, but that's just us.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search