A Game of Thrones
by George R. R. Martin
A Game of Thrones Chapter 66 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- At King's Landing, Arya has been living on the streets, surviving by catching pigeons (which is what her "dancing lessons" have trained her for).
- Then, one day, the bells at the main sept (church) ring, calling everyone to hear Eddard confess.
- Eddard confesses, but Joffrey orders that Ser Ilyn Payne chop off his head anyway. (Man, we may never learn what promise he made to Lyanna, which makes Eddard's death even harder to bear.)
- To add insult to injury, Payne is using Stark's own sword, the one Eddard used to execute an oathbreaker when we first met him (in 2 Bran 1).
- Arya tries to get to them (probably to say some mean things), but Yoren of the Night's Watch grabs her and escapes from the crowd with her.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...