A Game of Thrones
by George R. R. Martin
A Game of Thrones Chapter 69 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Daenerys dreams about dragons (which is a mildly cooler dream than dreaming about a three-eyed crow, like Bran does). When she wakes, this is what she finds:
- Her dragon eggs feel slightly warm, but only to her. (To Jorah, it's just cold stone.)
- Her son was stillborn (and possibly monstrous), probably because that was the price for saving Drogo's life.
- The khalasar has been broken up and only a few people remain with Dany, including her three surviving bodyguards (Aggo, Jhogo, Rakharo) and Jorah.
- And Drogo is alive, but kind of brain-dead. He doesn't respond to anything Dany does to get his attention.
- Dany confronts Mirri Maz Duur who says that she did this out of revenge (after all, the Dothraki did rape her, kill or enslave everyone she knew, and burn her temple). She also wanted to make sure that Dany's child didn't do the same to even more people.
- Dany's last act in the chapter is to smother Khal Drogo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...