The Two Gentlemen of Verona Act 2, Scene 2 Summary
- Back in Verona, Julia and Proteus say a teary goodbye before Proteus departs on his trip.
- After Julia begs Proteus to be faithful to her, the couple exchange rings and "seal the bargain with a holy kiss."
- Proteus makes a weird speech about how he's going to be true – but if, by some odd chance he's not faithful to Julia, he won't be able to forgive himself. (Gee. We wonder what will happen when Proteus goes to Milan…)
- Julia runs off without saying another word.
- Panthino arrives to fetch Proteus – it's time to ship out.