The Two Gentlemen of Verona
The Two Gentlemen of Verona Act 4, Scene 1 Summary
- Meanwhile, Valentine and Speed have fled to a forest between Milan and Mantua, where they encounter a group of outlaws.
- One of the outlaws says "stick em' up" and Valentine proceeds to explain that he's got nothing for the roadside robbers to steal.
- The outlaws are impressed when they hear that Valentine has been banished from Milan. They're even more impressed when Valentine lies about having "killed a man."
- The outlaws now think of Valentine as a kind of Robin Hood figure and invite him to join their bad boy club.
- The outlaws take turns bragging about their crimes.
- Valentine agrees to join the outlaw club but makes them promise not to hurt any women or defenseless travelers. They agree and set off to live as a band of happy bachelors.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search