The Girl Who Played With Fire Chapter 16 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Good Friday, March 25 – Easter Sunday, March 26
- The papers are calling Salander a "mass murderer" (16.8).
- Blomkvist is meeting with Modig. He's turning over Salander's purse to her.
- He keeps her hammer, knowing that it would contribute to her reputation as a violent person.
- He tells Modig that he'll be doing his own investigation to prove Salander innocent, or if she is the killer, to find out why she killed.
- Modig cautions him not to hold back information from the police.
- Modig tells Blomkvist they think Dag's laptop is missing from his apartment.
- Blomkvist is working with Malin Eriksson, a staff member, on identifying possible suspects.
- Dag's book and article will publically expose about 37 people; all of them are suspects.
- Dragan Armansky is vacationing with his wife Ritva. He's thinking about Salander. He believes the reports that she murdered three people, but is still somewhat surprised.
- Eventually, he decides that if she's a killer, there must be an explanation.
- She might be violent, but she isn't crazy.
Next Page: Chapter 17
Previous Page: Chapter 15