The Girl Who Played With Fire
The Girl Who Played With Fire Chapter 20 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Friday, April 1 – Sunday, April 3
- After Miriam Wu confirms Blomkvist and Armansky's assessments of Salander as a very intelligent, but very private person, Bublanski and Modig decide to investigate alternate killers.
- Faste and Sonny protest. The team agrees not to reveal Miriam's reappearance to the media.
- Niklas Hedström doesn't like this recent turn. He wants Salander caught and punished.
- He calls journalist Tony Scala and tells him Miriam Wu has returned, and that she admitted that she and Salander were lovers and into S&M.
- He tells Scala to make the story he writes sound like it came from a female source. (Hm. Sounds like he's trying to frame Modig.)
- Paolo Roberto leaves the library after reading all the recent news on Salander. He wonders if there's something he can or should do about the situation.
- Back at home, Miriam is harassed by journalists. She leaves just before Blomkvist arrives.
- Bublanski tells Modig that she's been accused of leaking the story and might be taken off the case. He says he knows she's not the leak, and he promises to support her.
- The papers are full of scandalous stories about Miriam and Salander.
- Blomkvist and Bublanski meet, and Blomkvist stresses his belief in Salander's innocence.
- Björck has been worried by Blomkvist's visits. He's shocked that Blomkvist mentioned Zala. After the visit, he calls his ex-boss, who is 76, and is told that said ex-boss did arrange for Bjurman to be Salander's guardian. The ex-boss tells Björck not to worry about Salander. She'll soon be committed to an insane asylum for the rest of her days.
- Björck is worried though, because that police report from 1991 connects Björck and Zala.
- Like a fool, he'd gotten the report for Bjurman when Bjurman asked him to.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search