The Girl Who Played With Fire
Cite This Page
The Girl Who Played With Fire Chapter 9 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
Sunday, March 6 – Friday, March 11
- Salander comes to visit Palmgren once a week now, and he is much improved.
- They play chess, and Palmgren's doctor, Sivarnandan, sees Salander's a chess master.
- Bjurman comes back to Stockholm from his cabin. Salander's bank statement is in the mail, and he sees a withdrawal. This means she's back in Stockholm. He calls the blond giant.
- Mimmi gives Salander a cigarette case as a late birthday gift. Then they go out for a drink.
- Blomkvist and Dag are at the Millennium offices. Dag can't find Björck from Säpo.
- Blomkvist suggests that Dag send Björck a letter saying he's won a mobile phone and a chance to win a hundred thousand kronor. They go for a drink, and Dag drafts the letter.
- Salander and Mimmi are in the same bar. Salander is hiding from Blomkvist, who hasn't seen her. Blomkvist gets a cell phone call, and he and Dag leave. Salander kisses Mimmi.
- Salander gets home about 7am. Seeing Blomkvist prompts her to look in his computer, which she hacked with his knowledge when she was with him.
- She finds Dag's book, article, and Mia's dissertation. She reads the dissertation, then looks at Blomkvist's emails. An email from Dag to Blomkvist chills her.
- The email concerns Zala. Salander reads about Irena P.'s death. She reads that Dag tried to get information from a journalist named Sandström about Zala.
- Nobody knows who Zala is, but everybody who knows his name is afraid.