The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 16 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Friday, May 27 - Tuesday, May 31
- Blomkvist very sneakily goes to Salander's very expensive 21-room apartment (bought with money stolen from corrupt financier Hans-Erik Wennerström in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo). Now that he knows he's being spied on, he's doesn't feel too comfortable at his own apartment.
- He pings Salander, and she directs him to documents Plague hacked from Ekström's computer.
- Blomkvist learns Ekström is being led by Säpo and is trying to have Salander committed to a psychiatric hospital.
- Plague pings Salander and directs her to material hacked from Teleborian's computer.
- She finds "9,000 photographs of explicit child pornography" (16.66). She finds evidence that Teleborian is part of a web of people who trade and share child porn.
- Teleborian never physically touched Salander, but she'd always been sure he was sexually attracted to children.
- Salander had tried to erase his memory from her life, but now she feels she "should have dealt with him years ago" (16.71).
- She pings Blomkvist. He goes to sleep in the wee hours of the morning after looking at the material from Teleborian's computer.
- From Modig, Blomkvist learns that Evert Gullberg, Fredrik Clinton, and Hans Von Rottinger are members of a secret organization inside Säpo.
- Blomkvist calls them "the Zalachenko club" (16.202). (Readers already know it's really called "the Section.")
- At SMP, Berger gets more threatening, sexual emails and realizes she has "a cyber-stalker on her hands" (16.211).
- Meanwhile, Salander's team of hacker friends painstakingly tap Prosecutor Ekström's phone.
- Edklinth and Figuerola begin to break through Gullberg's deep cover and discover he was Säpo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search