The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 18 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Thursday, June 2
- In the morning, Armansky calls Berger and tells her he's sending David Rosen of Milton Security to do a full security overhaul on her house. She lets in Rosen before she leaves for SMP.
- Jonasson and Salander talk about releasing her from the hospital. She's ready to face the music. She'll leave the Palm for Jonasson to take care of. She thanks him for all he's done for her.
- Figuerola, Blomkvist, and Edklinth meet at the Unit. They try to nail down the details of the Section with intent to prosecute the members.
- Blomkvist shares evidence from Teleborian's computer – Teleborian is corresponding about Salander with somebody from Säpo named Jonas. He won't how he came by the info (because he can't reveal that Salander is a hacker).
- At work, Berger gets another message from her cyber stalker. She thinks the stalker is in the building.
- After meeting all day at the Unit, Figuerola seduces Blomkvist. They go to her place.
- When Berger gets home, Rosen has overhauled her security.
- Since Berger's husband is out of town, Rosen arranges for Suzanne Linder of Milton Security to spend the night at Berger's house until all the security is in place.
- Blomkvist and Figuerola have late night pasta together and decide their personal relationship isn't a threat to their professional lives.
- Linder and Berger have coffee and do some bonding.
- When Berger tries to go to sleep, she remembers the file with the info that her boss is involved with child labor. She finds that the file, as well as some very personal photos, videos, a diary, and old love letters are missing.
- The stalker must have stolen them when she went to the ER.
Next Page: Chapter 19
Previous Page: Chapter 17