The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
Cite This Page
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 25 Summary Page 1
How It All Goes Down
Wednesday, July 13 - Thursday, July 14
- It's the day of Salander's trial. She is all decked out in mini-skirt, tattoos showing, ten earrings in one ear, and loads of make-up.
- Ekström requests that Salander's trial be held behind closed doors, and Giannini doesn't object.
- So, Blomkvist, Armansky, and the media leave.
- Ekström questions Salander about her claim that her ex-guardian Nils Bjurman raped her.
- A woman from the guardianship agency testifies that Bjurman was a great guy and couldn't have raped Salander. Giannini asks her if she was at Bjurman's apartment on March 7, 2003, or if she can provide Bjurman with an alibi. The woman says no on both counts.
- Meanwhile, Wadensjöö (of the Section) is arrested by Edklinth. In the interrogation room, he immediately begins telling Edklinth about the recent and past actions of the Section. He talks for five hours.