The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 4 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Saturday, April 9 - Sunday, April 10
- Members of Svavelsjö Motorcycle Club (Svavelsjö MC) (who tried to kidnap Salander in The Girl Who Played With Fire and ended up getting hurt) drive to the home of club treasurer Viktor Göransson, in search of Niedermann.
- They find Göransson and his girlfriend dead and the club's money stolen.
- Jonas Sandberg, a member of the Security Police, visits Zalachenko.
- Zalachenko, an ex-Russian spy who became a Swedish informer, threatens to go public with his political secrets if the Salander problem isn't made to go away.
- Salander hears Sandberg ask for Zalachenko and she realizes her father is only two doors down from her.
- After Sandberg's visit, Zalachenko worries about Niedermann. He's glad nobody seems to know Niedermann is his son.
- Later, Modig, Bublanski, Andersson, and Holmberg of the Stockholm police decide to arrest Gunnar Björck, author of the police report that got Salander committed to a children's psychiatric hospital at age twelve.
- The police team discuss the fact that Peter Teleborian, Salander's former psychiatrist, told them lies about Salander.
- Andersson tells Modig she has "good instincts" (4.235). She was the only police officer who didn't believe Teleborian's lies (they questioned him in back in The Girl Who Played With Fire).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search