The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 6 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Monday, April 11
- Gullberg, now officially retired from the Section, visits Birger Wadensjöö, the new head of the Section. Wadensjöö introduces him to Jonas Sandberg and Georg Nyström. They discuss the Zalachenko problem.
- In the morning, a nurse finds Salander's pencil and takes it away. When Dr. Jonasson comes in, she confides in him that Zalachenko tried to kill her. He promises to visit again soon.
- Meanwhile, Gullberg and the Section plan to get Ekström, the Stockholm prosecutor on their side. Then have Modig and Bublanski (obvious Salander sympathizers) removed from the investigation.
- Officer Hans Faste (proven Salander-hater) can lead the investigation. They also need to steal all copies of Björck's report that show he conspired with Teleborian to have Salander committed to a psychiatric institution when she was only twelve.
- After the meeting, Gullberg goes to Fredrik Clinton's house. Clinton is 68 and dying.
- Gullberg convinces Clinton to do one last job for the Section.
- Gullberg brings Clinton back to the Section and more scheming ensues. The Section decides to keep Blomkvist and Giannini under surveillance and steal their copies of Björck's report.
- Gullberg thinks he has a plan to convince Zalachenko to keep their secrets.
- Erlander and Modig visit Salander. She agrees to have Giannini as her lawyer and says she doesn't know where Niedermann is. She realizes they don't know he's her brother.
- They tell Salander that Zalachenko filed a complaint of attempted murder against her.
- Modig tells her they don't believe Zalachenko.
- Salander can't believe how polite they are. They must have some hidden agenda.