The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Chapter 8 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Sunday, May 1 - Monday, May 2
- It's Berger's first day as editor in chief at the Svenska Morgon-Posten, or SMP, a huge news operation. She meets Håkan Morander who has been editor in chief for twelve years.
- His office, now Berger's, is a "glass cage" with a view of the whole newsroom.
- He tells Erika that SMP is in trouble and she is the only one who can save it.
- Meanwhile, Blomkvist is being followed by men in a gray Volvo registered to Göran Mårtensson, who seems to be Säpo. Christer Malm from Millennium takes pictures of the men following Blomkvist.
- Blomkvist buys untraceable cell phones for his team to use for sensitive conversations.
- Blomkvist tells Armansky (of Milton Security) about Säpo men following him.
- Armansky has a lot of respect for Säpo. Much of their work is in combating neo-Nazis. But it looks like there's some group within Säpo that's up to no good.
- Armansky asks Blomkvist to trust Armansky to talk to a friend inside Säpo, a man who can help Salander. Blomkvist agrees.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...