The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Chapter 3 Summary
How It All Goes Down
Friday, December 20 – Saturday, December 21
- Around 5pm, Blomkvist comes into Erika Berger's office at Millennium.
- They commiserate over the guilty verdict, and Blomkvist tries to convince Berger that she should fire him. His reputation as a journalist is shot right now, and he'll just be a liability to the magazine.
- He also needs some time off to collect himself since he feels terrible now.
- Finally, she gives in and agrees to temporarily fire him.
- They plan for her to spend the night at his place.
- Berger falls asleep around 2am and Blomkvist watches her, musing about their relationship.
- They've been together since they met in journalism school, twenty years ago.
- They are addicted to each other's love, and it's hurt some of their relationships, including Blomkvist's marriage.
- He feels very lucky that Greger Beckman doesn't mind their arrangement.
- It's 4am and Blomkvist can't sleep. He muses about Millennium now and eventually goes to the computer.
- The press release announcing his departure from Millennium is already posted on Aftonbladet.
- He and Erika drafted it together in the office.
- (Brief flashback)
- Berger is totally against Blomkvist leaving, and doesn't like putting out the press release.
- He promises her that it's temporary, and that one day he'll expose Wennerström for the corrupt financier that he is.
- For now, he needs to back off, for the sake of the magazine. Berger eventually goes along, though she doesn't quite buy it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search