The God of Small Things
Cite This Page
The God of Small Things Chapter 15 Summary Page 1
- It's after midnight and it's raining.
- A young man sits at the top of a staircase leading to the river.
- He strips down and swims across the river to the middle, where the current is swift.
- He gets to the other side.
- He thinks things will get worse and then better. Then he walks towards the Heart of Darkness.
- The narrator describes him as "The God of Loss. The God of Small Things. Naked but for his nail varnish" (15.8-10). So we know this man is Velutha.