Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Why doesn't the grandmother want to go to Florida?
2. Who does the grandmother smuggle into the car?
3. Who is Edgar Atkins Teagarden and what is his connection to watermelons?
4. Where does the family stop to eat?
5. hat kind of pet does Red Sammy have?
6. What horrible thought occurs to the grandmother on the way to the plantation house?
7. Why is June Star disappointed after the accident?
8. What does the grandmother blurt out to the driver of the car?
9. Why does the grandmother say the driver must be a good man?
10. What does the grandmother say right before she is shot?
Answers1. Because there is a killer on the loose and he's headed for Florida
2. Pitty Sing, her cat
3. Edgar Atkins Teagarden was once the grandmother's suitor. He carved his initials into a watermelon and gave it to the grandmother.
4. A place called The Tower
5. A monkey
6. The grandmother realizes the house she was thinking of is actually in Tennessee.
7. She is disappointed that nobody died.
8. That she knows he is the Misfit
9. Because she can't see a trace of common blood in him, so he must come from nice people
10. She tells the Misfit that he is one of her own babies.