A Good Man is Hard to Find
by Flannery O'Connor
The Mother Timeline and Summary
- On the day of the trip, the mother is silent and feeding the baby.
- The mother is quiet for most of the trip.
- The mother is hurled out of the car in the accident, but appears relatively unharmed.
- The mother has to watch as Bailey and John Wesley are taken and shot of in the woods.
- The mother, now quite distraught, is herself taken and killed in the woods, along with her two remaining children, June Star and the baby.