The Grapes of Wrath Chapter 17 Summary
- As the thousands of families head west on Highway 66, they fall into the rhythms of life on the road.
- These families camp every night, and they learn to look out for campsites where people have already settled in for the night. It's more fun when you get to hang out with other families.
- Unspoken laws and codes are written and are enforced in these little camp communities every night. These laws and codes help to keep the peace and to make life bearable.
- The families know to share their food, to help one another, to gather wood, to collect water, to be friendly.
- Little worlds are created every night as families build their campsites, and, in the morning, the worlds are deconstructed and packed away until the next night.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...